Saturday 18 February 2012

Latest in Beauty: the £1.50 beauty box

Say hello to this little beauty box. The cheaper, hassle-free and in my opinion the most customisable version of the beauty boxes that have popped up everywhere in the past year or so. 
Before I moved out of the UK, I was subscribed to the Glossy Box and Jolie Box (previously Boudoir Prive) and thought it was always hit or miss in terms of the product. 

So coming back to this little beauty, the service is run by a company called Latest in Beauty and their basic concept is 'try before you buy' and they run a number of different boxes/samples. So how is this little box different from the bigger boxes? You can choose the products you want sent to you. 
I filled in a detailed form which was all about my skin type/tone, hair type/colour, age etc and was given 9 choices to choose from in total. These choices were based on the answers to my questions.
Just one more thing before I move on: The payment has to be made through your phone via text.

So about 2 days later, this is what came in the post. A very thin, red box that fit right through the letterbox:
Top: The box (with my name/address label peeled off) Bottom: all the samples

The following are the samples I ordered:
1. Elemental Herbology Skincare Trial Kit: This has three samples: cleanser, moisturiser (hydrator) and a radiance peel masque. I thought this would be a good one to try mainly because it claims to be mostly natural.

2. Super by Dr.Nicholas Perricone Bright Eyed eye cream: I have been on the hunt for a good eye cream (currently using Dermalogica) and thought I would give this a go. They sent two sachets of these which is great because you can only see the effect of eye creams when used for a longer period of time.

3. Dr Organic Rose Otto Skin Lotion: Because I am a body lotion junkie and have lots of small bottles and samples that I try all the time!

I do want to try these and do a review if I like them. Let me know in the comments below which one of these you want to know more about or want to see reviewed.

Saman x


No comments:

Post a Comment