Tuesday 7 August 2012

Product Review: Model Co. Fibre Lash Kit


Over the summer, I got contacted by the lovely Clare from Cosmetology Middle East that has recently launched this really great product called the Fibre Lash by Model Co. in the Middle East.

Clare was kind enough to send me the Fibre Lash kit to try out along with an instructional CD. I had honestly forgotten all about it so had a lovely surprise waiting for me at home when I got home to Saudi  from my holidays (since I hardly receive any post here, get a bit too excited!)

Here is what the box looked like with detailed instructions on how to use the product at the back of the box. There were Arabic instructions inside as well which I obviously didn't understand but I guess it was exactly this:

Once you open the box, you get these two tubes of mascara in two different sizes. Atleast thats what I initially thought! Turned out the smaller tube is actually the Lash Fibre (pic below), the product that does the actual trick!



Top: The 'Lash Fibres' containing tiny nylon fibres
Bottom: The 'Extension Mascara' has a curved wand but very standard over all

So I followed the instructions on the box and applied a coat of the black mascara (that they call the 'Extension Mascara') and then a coat of the fibres, followed by another coat of the black mascara. These are the results that I got:
Okay so on to my actual thoughts on the product.
I like to think I have long lashes already so I tend to go for mascaras that promise volume rather than length, but this product promises both and I think it delivers it pretty well. Although I don't think it looks like "false lashes" per se!

I do wonder though, the last coat of the extension mascara picks up quite a few of the fibres and this might make it thicker over time which might mean I could skip the second step completely. For now, I enjoy applying these tiny fibres because it feels like im actually adding so much more volume to my lashes.

This kit retails at $50 and can be bought here in the Middle East at fibrelashme.com. I think the best part is that you can pay cash on delivery as some people might not be comfortable paying online.

I hope you liked this product review and found it a little helpful if you are looking to explore new types of mascaras. Please let me know in the comments below.

Saman x

Disclaimer! Disclaimer!
As I mentioned earlier, I was sent this product to use and review only if I wanted to. I only write about products I enjoy using and do not endorse any one brand or product. I was not paid to write this review and everything expressed above is in my own words and thoughts and have nothing to do with the companies mentioned.

No comments:

Post a Comment