Wednesday 1 August 2012

Holiday Makeup Haul!!

Well hello there!
I know we haven't blogged in a while but both of us have been travelling to one place or the other for the summer. Excuses, excuses..but we are back now and I aim to post every day for the month of August! (We will see how that goes!)

So as you do on holiday, I purchased quite a LOT of stuff over the past month or so and will be posting a few things every now and then, some part of haul posts or some incorporated into outfits.

So firstly, a repurchase of the Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum Gel Foundation. If you have been following the blog for a while, you might remember my visit to the Bourjois pop-up boutique in London a couple of months ago where I bought my first bottle of this. I have LOVED it since then and moved away from my very trusted Revlon Colourstay for now. So until I find something even better, I think I will be sticking to this. I love that its quite sheer and buildable and doesn't feel too heavy on my VERY oily skin. Check out a swatch of this I did earlier here.


Up next is a product that I have read loads about on various beauty blogs. The Maybelline Dream Fresh BB Cream. Now, I am not a HUGE fan of BB Creams yet but I am open to them and willing to try and see what they are all about. I got mine in the shade Medium Sheer Tint. Now as I said earlier, I have very oily skin and this just sits on my skin, doesn't really sink in like a foundation would and it gets a bit   chalky after a while. Since the shade selection wasn't that great, I don't think this is the best shade for me but I will be using this in different ways and report back.


Lets move on to some lip products!
MAC Lipstick in Twig. I have wanted this for quite a while now but they never had it in stock here in Saudi Arabia. I finally got my hands on it at the Dubai Duty Free and have so far been loving it! It stays on for absolutely ages and the colour is just perfect for everyday wear since its somewhere between a pink and a nude-ish colour. I think I will be wearing this one alot!



Talking about lip products, I have wanted these Revlon Colorburst Lip Butters for as long as these have been doing rounds on blogs and Youtube videos. Products don't really get released in the Middle East as soon as they do in UK, USA and Canada so as soon as I saw them, I knew I HAD to get some to try out. 
To be honest, these are all I have used in the past couple of weeks while travelling since they are fuss free and don't really feel like you have much on.
I got the shades Berry Smoothie and Pink Truffle, they are very similar (and even more so in the pictures!) but pink truffle is a tiny bit towards the brownish pink side.

Revlon has been coming out with some really awesome (and affordable!) products recently and I spotted this one randomly in Superdrug in London. It is the Revlon Photoready Creme Blush in Pinched and it looks like exactly that when applied to the cheeks! The swatch is a bit hard to see but this builds up very well. A nice product to give a subtle blush effect.

So the last thing I purchased was this MUA (Makeup Academy) Eyeshadow Palette in Glamour Days. This was an amazing bargain for just £4! This one is small and perfect to travel with since it has nudes as well as some other really wearable shades. If you want me to do a detailed swatch, do post a comment below and I can do a dedicated post. 


This next item isn't exactly a purchase since I got it free with a magazine! I have used the Avon Super Shock before and loved it so thought it would be nice to try the Max version of it (and that too for just £2!).
I will be doing a detailed mascara post soon as I have lots of mascaras I want to talk about!

*PHEW*
So that was pretty much it for this post. I will be posting more of my purchases in the coming weeks so expect lots of hauls and reviews and a couple of OOTDs as well.

Let me know if you guys want to see any in-depth reviews of these products and I will be sure to post them in detail. Do let me know what you think of these if you already have been using any of these products too.

Saman x

No comments:

Post a Comment