Saturday 21 April 2012

DIY: Bow Ring

So I was going through my wardrobe recently to get rid of things that have gotten old or that I don't really wear anymore and I found this pair of shoes that had a bow on them. The shoes were gifted to me and had quite a tight fit. I still wore them a couple times, but it was in the pile of things that I was going to get rid of. The bow on the shoes still looked really good, so I decided to repurpose them.


The first thing I did was to remove the bow from the shoes. This was quite simple since it was just a case of undoing the stitching holding it together. 
Once the bow was detached from the shoes, I used some matching elastic - I used a thin hair tie I had, and tied this through the centre fabric of the bow creating a loop. 
That is it! 

It was really simple and I think it looks really good too. It would be a great statement piece to spruce up an outfit. 






Hope you liked my little DIY - There will be more to come! I have been collecting inspiration for DIY projects, so stay tuned for more posts on them. 

Oh and since there were two bows check back to see what I did with the other bow!


-Aneesa

No comments:

Post a Comment