Thursday 1 March 2012

How to: Remove Glitter Nailpolish

Hey everyone, today's blogpost is a little different than usual. Its more of a tutorial/how to.
I watched Misschievous's video a couple of months ago on how to remove glitter nail polish and knew I had to try if I ever had glitter nail polish on, as it is a pain to take off. 

If you saw my previous Nail of the Day where I got my nails done by the Andrea Fulerton reps, you probably noticed the glitter dust that was used. Although it has lasted me more than a week without anything even near to chipping, I got a little bored and wanted to change it up and decided to finally take it off. 

Step 1: Obviously you will have glitter on your nails.
Step 2: Cut 10 rectangular sized strips of normal kitchen foil and cut 5 cotton pads into half.
Step 3: Soak it in nail polish remover
Step 4: You will now make sure you have a fully soaked cotton pad.


 

Step 5: Wrap the cotton pad around your nail.
Step 6: Secure it properly with the foil so it is fully covered and tight.
Step 7: Do the same with all the nails and wait for about 2 minutes or so.
Step 8: Just slide the foil+cotton off your nail (you dont really need to rub, but if you had ALOT of glitter, just twist it off lightly) 


And you're done! If you use a cuticle cream or nourishing treatment this will be a good time to put it in a leave it on for a bit before you move on. I used the ELF nourishing cuticle pen because it isnt too oily and is a good quick fix.

I hope you liked this post and let me know if you would like to see more of these "how to" posts for nails/makeup/clothes.

Saman x

No comments:

Post a Comment